EXTENDED WARRANTY REGULATIONS FOR CARBON WHEELS
In addition to the statutory 24-month warranty which applies from the date of purchase any DT Swiss product, we offer an extended warranty service for carbon wheels with our Fair-Share Policy.
We offer for the original verifiable owner a lifetime warranty for material and workmanship defects. Of course this covers also any proper end-use-category riding damage that might result from such a material or workmanship defect. All other damages that occur during the use of the product are regulated by our Fair-Share Policy. We guarantee the original verifiable owner a helpful, cost-conscious as well as environment-friendly solution and will replace the broken rim within the first 10 years after the date of purchase as part of our Fair-Share-Policy, for a service fee of CHF 249 / EUR 249 / USD 249.
No registration required
We don’t require a product registration in advance. Instead, we offer you uncomplicated assistance. In the occasion of a damage, only the original sales receipt is required. With this, you can contact our responsible Service Center directly and use our “warranty claim form” if required.
Conditions and exemptions for using the DT Swiss Fair-Share Policy
• Wheels with damage which has been caused by material or manufacturing faults shall be replaced or repaired for the respective first owner by DT Swiss free of charge without a period of limitation.
• For wheels which have been damaged by riding errors, punctures or spoke damages to such an extent that it is no longer safe to use them, DT Swiss shall grant a 10-year warranty. In this case, you shall make a co-payment of CHF 249 / EUR 249 / USD 249 per wheel.
• The warranty in accordance with the Fair-Share Policy requires that all details about the assembly, use and maintenance in accordance with the operating instructions of the wheel have been complied with. The wheel must not have been modified or used in combination with incompatible parts.
• The warranty in accordance with the Fair-Share Policy requires that the wheel has been used properly and that the maximum system weight has not been exceeded.
• Damage which has been caused by you due to improper storage or transportation, as well as visual impairments, are excluded from the Fair-Share Policy.
• The Fair-Share Policy applies for the original verifiable owner with an original sales receipt where the product description is identifiable.
• The Fair-Share Policy refers only to DT Swiss carbon wheels from model year 2020 (and later) which were purchased after 01/01/2020.
• The Fair-Share Policy does not apply to wearing parts such as ball bearings, freehub bodies, freehub system components and the tubeless ready tape.
• The serial number of the wheel must be identifiable.
• If you make use of the Fair-Share Policy and the wheel/rim has to be replaced or swapped, the wheel/rim that was sent becomes the property of DT Swiss.
• Other or further claims of the customer according to applicable law remain unaffected by the Fair-Share Policy.
DT Swiss AG is not liable for further damage, in particular for indirect damage, consequential damage and subsequent damage. Further claims according to applicable compelling law are reserved.
The place of performance and jurisdiction shall be Biel/Switzerland. Swiss law shall apply. Regional laws may supersede where applicable.
HOW TO PROCEED if your carbon wheel is damaged?
Please follow these instructions:
• Please contact your local dealer or a DT Swiss Service Center
• The wheel must be sent to a DT Swiss Service Center to be checked and, if necessary, the carbon rim will be replaced.
• Tires, cassettes and brake discs must be removed before sending the wheel.
• DT Swiss shall assume the shipping cost to the customer. The customer shall bear the shipping costs to DT Swiss and any customs fees.